First we do believe it is the duty and oppurtunity of each and every christian to help those in need. We do desire to help by giving a handup instead of a handout and therefore have the following guidelines for those approaching us for assistance.
1. Members of Smoky Valley Independent Baptist Church(SVBC) will be our first consideration when it comes to assistance.
Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
2. No non food help will be given until the person in need has attended one full service at SVBC and has met with a commitee of the pastors choosing.
3. Absolutely no cash will be given for any need. We wan't to bless people with out enabling their sin.
4. There is no guarentee that financial aid will be given. Factors such as cash flow, need, and most importantly the guidance of the Holy Spirit will be considered.
5. Non members will only recieve assistance from SVBC one time without the situation being brought before the entire assembly of SVBC.
These policies are in place not to discourage real needs from being met but instead to encourage those who are in need to make steps of good faith first.
Often our physical needs are a symptom of our spiritual needs. If you are in a time of need please take time to evaluate whether or not this is the case in your life. Please click here www.smokyvalleybaptistchurch.com/gpage.html3.html if you would like to know more about drawing closer to God.